Calling for contributions.
Delving into Dance has established itself as a prominent online platform looking at dance from multiple perspectives.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for a new initiative from Delving into Dance, which seeks to publish diverse accounts about dance from the perspective of dance artists and writers. We are interested in profiling different perspectives about dance that help to inform a range of conversations and open dance up to new audiences.
We are open to all sorts of forms which may include poetry, essay and other reflections.
- We invite of interests from people new to writing,
- We encourage ideas that play with form and style,
- Submissions can have a choice of being 300 OR 700 words in length,
- We welcome ideas that build upon the podcast episodes or other previous conversations had on Delving into Dance,
- We are not looking for dance criticism.
This is a funded opportunity, expressions of interest close Friday the 11th of October 2019. At this stage, we are just looking for your ideas; text deadlines will be given to the selected writers based on when they will be published.
This project is funded with the support of the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria and the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, as well as vital audience contributions.
What are your ideas? What is your Pitch?
We just want to hear from you and what you would like to publish, should you have the opportunity.